Saturday 26 November 2011


Story of My Life
~Piece Of Me~

Cold,
Never ever you are close,
We will never let it fold,
A story that was never told,
Something like a mystery.

And every step we took, we’ve grown,
Look how fast the time has flown,
A journey to a place unknown,
We are going down in history…

Okay guys. This is a real story about me. Just to let you know a little bit about me. So sorry if my English sucks.. :'( i really mean it.. I wrote this during the first few weeks of my life in UiTM..Now, i'm already in my second semester.. So, Let's get start it....

The memory of my life begins on the 22nd  May 1993, the day I was born by a very lovely and caring mother. Abah and Mama, their love brought me into this world full of possibilities. I was blessed with a very protective older sister. She is the only sibling I have had ever. My family are everything for me, they are my life and they are also my soul. There is nothing in this world that could replace them in my heart. They are my inspiration to achieve a great success in my life.
 I am just normal boy who live a simple life. I can’t really recall the fragment of memories and history as a child who went through kindergarten and primary school. So, I would just skip it, and I am going to start this story by the time I reach 13 years old. In 2006, I went into my secondary school; it is one of the elite schools in my state. This school, SMK Sultan Badlishah, only receive straight A’s students as their student. It does sound like I am trying to show off, right? Yeah, I am proud to be a Badlishan, the smartest students across the district and even the state of Kedah. In spite of all the greatness we achieve on the field of academics and co curricular activities, we are not that good in sports. Well, nobody is perfect even though most of us trying so hard to be a PERFECT individual.                                                     



I can almost see it,

That dream I’m dreaming, but
There is a voice inside my head, saying
You’ll never reach it,
Every step I’m taking,
 Every move I make,
Feels lost with no direction,
My faith is shaking,
But I gotta keep trying,
Gotta keep my head held high..

          At the beginning of my route in SMKSB, I am just an ordinary student who has to handle a lot of problem due to lack of confident. But, as time passed, every year I learned more about myself and gained back my self –esteem. On 2006, I joined my school “Choral Speaking” team and we won the first place at the district level. Not just that, I keep on going and joined the “Syarahan Agama”competition on 2007, 2008 and 2009. Instead of having the second place at the zone level on the first two years, at last, I won the first place at the same level on 2009. I just cannot hold it any longer, on 2008, I was selected to be one of the participant of my school “Pasukan Pantun” to compete in “Pesta Pantun Peringkat Daerah Kulim Bandar Baharu”. We lost at the final battle, so, we just managed to be the first-runner up. It is so sad to be beaten at the final stage, but I managed to overcome it. I had learnt that, experience is much more important compared to the trophy we won. Just keep on going and don’t lost your hope. So, along these years, I have been so active in co curricular activities and I have a lot of fun doing it no matter we won it or not..





You think you own whatever land you land on,
The earth is just a dead thing you can claim,
That I know every rock and tree and creature,
Has a life, has a spirit, has a name…

That is one of my favourite choir songs entitled “Colours Of  The Wind”, that has helped us to win the second place during the state choir competition on 2009. You will never know how fun it is to sing in the different part with different key but still in the same rhythm of harmony. Throughout two years being a choir boy, I had learned a few songs such as “Malaysia Tanah Airku” , “Selamat Pergi Pahlawanku”, “Getaran Jiwa”, “I believe”, “I’m yours”, “In The Mood”, and a few other songs. In 2010, once again we won the second place at the state level. But, the best memory of being a choir boy was I had the opportunities to perform in front of  the Sultan of Kedah and his consort since they will visit my school every time we had our own “Hari Anugerah Cemerlang”.  I was so nervous, but indeed a sense of proudness came to me as I performed before him.  It was so outrageous.


Not just that, on 2010 I found that it does feel good to be a debater. I am an enthusiastic debater who likes to be mentally challenged and I enjoyed debating with others. Wait a minute; I am not the type of person who could speaks fluently in English. So, I am just a normal debater who debates inBahasa Melayu whom known as “pembahas”. In the debate team, I hold a position as “Ketua Pembangkang” and I am the only guy in that team. It was just like, thorn among the roses. Syahidah, Syafiqa, Azlan, Azlina, and Diyana. That is the names of the debaters who have built a strong team through our unity and understanding. We won the first place at the district level and won the second at the state level in “Pertandingan Bahas Ala Parlimen Bahasa Melayu”. The process I have went through to be a debater has built my self-esteem and the confident in me. This might be the best fragment of memories in this life…ALL FOR ONE, ONE FOR ALL , BERGABUNG MELETUPP!!!


This journey of life will never come true without a group of friends that has been very supportive to me. We had all the enjoyment and tears together. No matter what happened, we stand up for each other and create a stronger friendship with the hope that we are not going to fall apart. Yeah, sometime we do have issues and problem with each other but we managed to solve it with the spirit of being brother and sisters. The best part of being in this group of friend is once again I am the only guy in this group and we love to snap pictures no matter where we went to. Hahaha, I really missed the moment with them, where love, tears, laugh and sadness blends together into an unforgettable teenagers memory. To all my friends, I really wanted to dedicate this “Nothing’s Gonna Change My Love For You” lyrics to all of you…

If I had to live my life without you near me,
The days would all be empty
The nights would seem so long
With you I see forever, oh so clearly,
I might have been in love before
But never felt this strong.
Our dreams are young and we both know,
They’ll take us where we want to go,
Hold me now, touch me now,
I don’t want to live without you…

 This journey will never meet an end, and now, here I am, in the new state of education the new arena of life. Here, I discovered and learnt a lot of new things as my FIRST TIME experience such as:

  • Ø Washing and ironing my own clothes
  • Ø Figure out how to use a washing machines
  • Ø Set up the bed sheet and bedspread
  • Ø Live in a room with six other guys
  • Ø Use an alarm to wake myself  up
  • Ø Sharing bath rooms and toilets with others
  • Ø Knowing that guys also enjoyed gossiping
  • Ø Being apart from my parents and the love one for more than a week.

Oh goshhhhh, it is just too much of the “first time” to be written here. It is quite weird for me on the first few days in this university, but people does change according to their surroundings. I have learnt how to mix up with those guys and girls that I have never met before. Just like everyone else, I have learnt to cope with problem, assignment and homework that have been task for me. No matter what is going to happen next, just keep on smiling, keep on going and do not ever stop believing because there is somebody who believe in me.
          So, this is the end of my story , but the real journey is still  keep on going in my own reality life.. There is one thing that all of us should remember that is, “beautiful pictures are developed from a negative in a dark room.. If you see darkness in your life, certainly there is a beautiful picture is being prepared by GOD."

                                      ~ THE END ~ 
Prepared by: Mohamad Azlan Bin Basri 

No comments:

Post a Comment